Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm Making up a story. PLEASE READ!! (Chp. 2 only)

The Adventures of Princess Anna Dale

Chapter 2 The Royal Ball

I followed my mother into a large room. This room was probably the Ballroom. The wallpaper was gold and white. It was very fancy. I saw a place where my mother and I were supposed to sit. We went over to our chairs and sat. Natalie (my older sister) was sitting by me. My father also known as King Harold was sitting by my mother. “Hello father!” I greeted him with a smile and so did my mother.”Anna you look gorgeous!” I smiled and said “This dress is perfect and Envoes is the best hairstylist I’ve ever had!” He laughed. “You say that about each stylist every year!” We both laughed that time. I heard a laugh beside me and remembered Natalie was there. “Natalie, Hello! You look even better than me!” She had a green dress on. Gold stripes on some parts. The top was light green and the bottom was dark green. Her long black hair went down to the middle of her back. “Anna, Thank you, but I think you look better. I just have straight hair and you have a beautiful, blue, detailed dress. You look way better!” She was waiting for me to agree with her and say that I was prettier but I disagreed by saying “There’s nothing wrong with straight hair. You look great with straight hair! Your dress doesn’t have to be detailed its beautiful!-“I would have kept going if someone hadn’t interrupted me. It was a boy and he said “Would you like to dance?” I nodded, hugged my sister, and took his hand. “You must be Princess Anna. I’m Prince Arnie.” I noticed he shining bronze hair, his white suit, and a ruby red rose in his pocket. I curtsied and he bowed. We started dancing. “You’re a great dancer. I’m not very good.” That was true. I was a horrible dancer. “I don’t even think what I’m doing is dancing. More like stumbling or tripping.” He laughed. “Maybe a bit of both.” He said with a grin. I laughed with him and said “I think more than a bit.” He laughed when I said that. I heard a growl coming from my stomach and blushed. “You must be hungry. I have ears like a mouse.” He winked at me and pulled me to a food table. There were a bunch of choices for food. No pasta though. (My favorite food) I sighed and picked up a plate of Italian noodles. I saw Arnie grab a plate of Italian noodles too. We sat down at a small table and began eating. I was sure to use my manners. The right fork, elbow not on table, no slouching, no talking with mouth full, and chew with my mouth closed. He did all that and didn’t even look like he was trying. He was very neat. I was alright. Still trying not to slouch. That was probably the hardest part for me. He wasn’t having any trouble though. After he swallowed his food he said “How do you like you Italian noodles?” I swallowed before I answered and said “It’s quite lovely. How are you enjoying your noodles?” I waited for him to answer before I took a bite. (I might have to say something and I don’t want him to be waiting for me to swallow.) He replied by saying “Its quite good but I’m not a big fan of Italian. Just testing it out.” That was surprising because he looked like he was enjoying it. “Is that so? Well I’m not a big fan of Italian…just noodles.” Truth be told…I didn’t know they were Italian till I took a bite. I wonder if he knew it was Italian and tried it or if he just got it because I did. We finished eating and cleaned up our plates. “Did you want to dance again? Or are you tired of dancing? Well maybe you’re still hungry.” He was probably listening for a growl again. My stomach didn’t growl. “I don’t exactly like dancing.” He laughed.”I didn’t think you did.” We both laughed and I noticed that Natalie was dancing with a boy. She looked pretty happy. But nervous too. Like she was up to something. I had no clue what it was so I ignored it. “We could dance if you really wanted to.” I didn’t want him to dance but I had to be polite. “Well I think we’ll do what you want to. Unless its just sitting around. That makes my back ache.” I was going say just sit and talk but I think that is sitting around. I guess I’ll ask if we can just talk. I kind of had to go to the bathroom. That’s something I’m doing. I think that still counts. “I have to go to the restroom.” He laughed. “Okay. I’ll just wait.” I walked to the restroom. On my way there I fell to the floor when someone hit me on the head. I saw a dark figure hovering above me. I couldn’t make out who it was. The only thing I could see was a green fancy shirt or dress. They must have been from the dance. I started drifting away into the darkness.

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

So, if you're Princess Anna Dale, does that make me King Harold?

I like the story so far, wondering what will happen next...

Theresa said...

Ooohhhh... a mystery! I can't wait to see what happens next!