Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm Making up a story. PLEASE READ!! (Chp. 1 only)

The Adventures of Princess Anna Dale
Chapter 1 Preparation
I was asleep when all of a sudden I heard a knock on my door. “Anna.” My mother said. I quickly got up and answered my door. “Yes mother?” I already had an idea of what she was going to say. Probably that I had to get ready for the royal the Royal Ball.” We need to make you presentable. You have to go to the Royal Ball remember?” I was right. I love going to balls so it wasn’t much of a problem. “Yes of course I remember. How could I forget? I especially love getting pretty dresses and getting my hair done.”That was true. I don’t like dancing though. But I have to. Boys love dancing with me.”Well Anna, you can do all those if you start now.” I did want to do all that just not now. I’m still tired. “Fine even though I’m tired.” She gave me a stern look. I knew that meant that I was to behave. “I mean Yes. Now is perfect.” She smiled slightly and said “First you need a bath. Don’t be to long.” She pulled me to a room with bluish whitish wallpaper and the floor had blue tiles. I saw a white bath tub. “Okay I’ll leave now. You need to use shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and acne cream, paint your toenails and finger nails, and put some make up on. That’s about all.” I was shocked by the long list but nodded my head and climbed in the tub. My mother left and I looked for the shampoo. I saw many different kinds of shampoos. One caught my eye. It was Fresh Strawberry Mountain shampoo. I squirted some on my hand and scrubbed my head. I rinsed and saw a conditioner to match the shampoo. It was Fresh Strawberry Mountain also. I squirted some on my hand and brushed my fingers through my hair. Next on the list was body wash. I found some Vanilla Body wash and squirted some on my scrunchy thing and rubbed it on my body. After the body wash came acne cream. I got out of the tub got a robe and rapped it around me. I got my acne cream and rubbed it on my face. Now I had to paint my toenails and fingernails. I wasn’t sure what color to do. I decided that it should match what I was going to wear. The only problem was that I didn’t know what to wear. I guess I will wear a blue dress. That means blue toes though….hmm. I could do a light blue to match my dress…I guess that would be good. I got the nail polish and painted my toenails and fingernails. All I had to do now was make up. I thought I should do some light make-up. I grabbed an eye shadow stick thing and dabbed it in some light blue eye shadow. I rubbed It over both my eyelids. I put a darker blue over it and brushed it lightly against my eyelids. Next was my lips. I put some chap stick on and found some red lipstick and put it on my lips. Now I had to do blush. I found a reddish pinkish color and brushed it against my cheek bones. I was ready for my clothes now. I walked out of the bathroom and began looking for my mom. I found her in a closet full of dresses. “Oh your finally finished. You look gorgeous!” She looked happy. “So do I get to choose the dress?” I was hoping I would because I already did blue for nail polish and eye shadow. “Of course you do, Anna! Any dress. Just make it snappy!” She grinned and sat in a chair. That probably meant that she was going to wait for me to choose one. I started skimming through the dresses and saw a blue sparkly one. I picked it up to look at it more closely. It had long sleeves, it was about ankle length, and had sparkles everywhere. My favorite part was that it was light blue. Just the right color dress for me. I held it up to my mom. She looked surprised but happy. “Can I wear this? Do you like it?” I sounded like I was begging her to say yes. “Of Course you can! It’s a beautiful dress. “ I saw a blue pair of high heels. I slipped them on my feet. I was excited and a bit nervous about the ball.”Okay time for you to get your hair done.” She led me to a room with a chair in it. There was a man next to the chair. He bowed and said “You must be Princess Anna. I’m Envoes. I will be styling your hair!” I curtsied and said “ Well please don’t cut my hair….just style it.” He looked a bit shocked. “ I would never cut off such beautiful long brown hair. Not even if you told me to. Besides long brown hair matches your brown eyes.” I closed my eyes and sat through what I think was an hour of hair styling. I opened my eyes when I felt Envoes turn the chair to a mirror. I looked at me in the mirror. I had curls everywhere. I don’t think there was a single straight hair! “ Wow thank you Envoes! I look amazing! Do you like it mother?” She replied excitingly “OF COURSE!!” Now it was time to go to the ball.

3 comments:

Aleks said...

that's really good Gwen, but I really think that it sounds like my story... It does have different things but they're both getting ready for a ball

Joyce said...

You and Aleks are both so talented! Thank you for sharing this story, now I'll have to read Aleks'too!

I think I'd like to write my family history, but I never seem to get started.

I will be looking forward to Chapter 3 next!! xoxoxo

Theresa said...

Great job, Gwen! You do a fantastic job describing... I can totally picture what's going on. That's funny about the acne cream...